This year’s books include:
- Old Bear and His Cub
- A Mud Pie for Mother
- Roar of a Snore
- Read to Tiger
- Llama Llama Misses Mama
Beginning July 3rd, all parents and legal guardians of visually impaired children can sign their child up to receive these Braille books for free. All they have to do is:
- Visit www.aph.org/dpil/special
- Click on the Application Form (also located here: http://tech.aph.org/dpil/apply) and be sure to fill in each required field
- Complete the submission by clicking the “Enroll” button at the bottom of the screen
In approximately 10 business days, a welcome letter will automatically be sent to your email address.
There are only 200 copies of each of the 5 available titles so access will be on a first come, first serve basis. APH has been kind enough to allow us to first notify our Imagination Library network of the availability of these books. This exclusive period will last 30 days so if you have any visually impaired child in your local program, please reach out directly to the parents so they can access these Braille books. On August 3rd, the availability of the Braille books will be communicated to the general public. The ability to provide both the digital audio books and the Braille books for free is through the generosity of the American Printing House for the Blind, Penguin Group USA and The Dollywood Foundation.
2 comments on “Dolly Parton Imagination Library Will Offer Five Titles in Braille”
Looking for something?
COMING IN MAY!
Saturday Afternoon Movies
May 11, Django Unchained
May 18, Quartet
May 25, The Hobbit
Films begin at 2pm
Admission: Free of charge!
The Monthly Library Happenings flier is available online.
Just click here. Happenings
Monthly Computer Classes
Classes are free of charge!
Computer Basics, Wednesday, May 8, 9:30 AM
This course is for anyone with little or no computer experience who would like to learn about the physical components of a computer and get acquainted with the terminology. In addition, we will explore some of the functions and features of the Windows operating system.
E-mail and Attachments, Wednesday, May 15, 9:30 AM
Learn all aspects of email, from getting a free email address to composing emails, as well as adding pictures and documents to
eBooks & eReaders: May 29 9:30 AM
Learn how to use Overdrive, the library’s downloadable media page for your eReaders and other devices.
- Dig Into Reading Special Summer Children’s Programs
- R.E.A.D., Eleven Years of Reading Books and Much More
- The Assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. and the Words of Robert Kennedy
- Caroline Kennedy : Libraries Are ‘Tabernacles of Personal Freedom’
- Author Talk: “The World’s Greatest Beach” by Dan Smith