Award-winning writer, Kate Cumiskey, will lead a free poetry workshop for students ages 13 to 17.
- The workshop will be held on July 30th, from 1 to 4:30 p.m. at the New Smyrna Beach Regional Library.
- The session is limited to 12 registrants.
- Registration is required and may be made by calling 386-424-2910, ext. 111.
Participants are invited to bring a favorite poem by a published author to share.
Kate Cumiskey has a master’s degree in creative writing from the University of North Carolina, Wilmington. She is the author of Surfing in New Smyrna Beach, a nonfiction book about the history of the local surfing community. Her poetry has appeared in Beloit Poetry Journal, Crazyhorse, Verse Wisconsin and other literary magazines.
She has been a judge and featured speaker at the Write Stuff Teen Poetry Evening, an annual event sponsored by the Friends of the New Smyrna Beach Regional Library. Kate has been cited in Best American Poetry and has presented at the Association of Writers and Writing Programs International Conference.
Snacks and writing materials will be provided.
The program is co-sponsored by the Friends of the Library, Atlantic Center for the Arts at Harris House, and the Volusia County Public Library system.
Comments are closed.
Looking for something?
COMING IN MAY!
Saturday Afternoon Movies
May 11, Django Unchained
May 18, Quartet
May 25, The Hobbit
Films begin at 2pm
Admission: Free of charge!
The Monthly Library Happenings flier is available online.
Just click here. Happenings
Monthly Computer Classes
Classes are free of charge!
Computer Basics, Wednesday, May 8, 9:30 AM
This course is for anyone with little or no computer experience who would like to learn about the physical components of a computer and get acquainted with the terminology. In addition, we will explore some of the functions and features of the Windows operating system.
E-mail and Attachments, Wednesday, May 15, 9:30 AM
Learn all aspects of email, from getting a free email address to composing emails, as well as adding pictures and documents to
eBooks & eReaders: May 29 9:30 AM
Learn how to use Overdrive, the library’s downloadable media page for your eReaders and other devices.
- Dig Into Reading Special Summer Children’s Programs
- R.E.A.D., Eleven Years of Reading Books and Much More
- The Assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. and the Words of Robert Kennedy
- Caroline Kennedy : Libraries Are ‘Tabernacles of Personal Freedom’
- Author Talk: “The World’s Greatest Beach” by Dan Smith