Learn what Volusia County is doing to reduce mosquito populations.
Jim McNelly and Paul Minshew will discuss “Everything you never wanted to know about mosquitoes” from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. on these dates:
- Thursday, Sept. 13, at the Ormond Beach Regional Library, 30 S. Beach St.
- Monday, Sept. 17, at the New Smyrna Beach Regional Library, 1001 S. Dixie Freeway.
McNelly is Volusia County’s mosquito control director, and Minshew is environmental manager for the Volusia County Health Department.McNelly will explain the county’s integrated pest management plan, types of mosquitoes, how to request service, and what you can do to reduce the mosquito population around your home.
Minshew will provide a West Nile virus update, explain the symptoms of mosquito-borne illnesses, and offer tips to protect yourself from mosquito bites.
Reservations are not required. For more information, please call Volusia County Mosquito Control at 386-424-2920 in New Smyrna Beach or 386-239-6516 in Daytona Beach.
Comments are closed.
Looking for something?
COMING IN JUNE!
Saturday Afternoon Movies
June 7, Lincoln
June 14, Iron Lady
June 21, Looper
June28, Cloud Atlas
Films begin at 2pm
Admission: Free of charge!
The Monthly Library Happenings flier is available online.
Just click here. Happenings
Monthly Computer Classes
Classes are free of charge!
Computer Basics, Wednesday, May 8, 9:30 AM
This course is for anyone with little or no computer experience who would like to learn about the physical components of a computer and get acquainted with the terminology. In addition, we will explore some of the functions and features of the Windows operating system.
E-mail and Attachments, Wednesday, May 15, 9:30 AM
Learn all aspects of email, from getting a free email address to composing emails, as well as adding pictures and documents to
eBooks & eReaders: May 29 9:30 AM
Learn how to use Overdrive, the library’s downloadable media page for your eReaders and other devices.
- Dig Into Reading Special Summer Children’s Programs
- R.E.A.D., Eleven Years of Reading Books and Much More
- The Assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. and the Words of Robert Kennedy
- Caroline Kennedy : Libraries Are ‘Tabernacles of Personal Freedom’
- Author Talk: “The World’s Greatest Beach” by Dan Smith